As business attorneys, we understand the full life cycle of a business. We understand entrepreneurs and business owners need to develop new technologies and raise capital to fund growth. Entrepreneurs require practical, cost-effective and strategic advice on corporate structure, fund raising, intellectual property protections, technology licenses and collaborations, employment agreements and many other matters.
One of the greatest fears of the entrepreneur is the fear of the unknown: liabilities, risks, and potential litigation. As experienced attorneys and business advisers, we solve problems and help the entrepreneur avoid costly disputes and litigation.
- Entity Formation: Limited Liability Companies, Partnerships, Corporations
- Contracts and Commercial Agreements
- Employment and Formation
- Intellectual Property Protection
- E-Commerce and Cybersecurity
- Tax Planning
- Corporate Finance and Capital Raises
When we advise an entrepreneur or start-up business, we analyze their business plan to gain an understanding of their near and long term goals. Based on that understanding, our business attorneys develop a plan to address the common legal issues and needs of any new business, as well as the particular needs of the client, to help the client achieve their growth objectives.
We can help your start-up or emerging or small business in the following areas:
- Choose the appropriate entity for your business
- Formation of Corporations, Limited Liability Companies and Limited Partnerships
- Protect intellectual property rights and registration of copyrights and trademarks.
- Prepare a buy-sell or shareholder agreement by and among the shareholders of the company
- Raise capital while complying with federal and state securities laws
- Prepare and negotiate basic contracts such as employment agreements, leases, licenses, terms & conditions, and sales and distribution agreements
- Maintain accurate records, minutes and stock records
- General business representation, including advice in connection with bank loans, leases and other real estate transactions and business contracts.